Campus Monitor - University of Nevada, Reno
In the News ?
October 17, 2017:
The Nevada Sage Brush – KEEP YOUR HATE SYMBOLS OFF OUR CAMPUS
April 13, 2015: The Nevada Sagebrush – SENATE PUSHES FOR SEMITIC TOLERANCE AT UNR (Description note, “Sen. emeritus Zachary Brounstein of the College of Engineering advocated for Semitic tolerance at the University of Nevada, Reno in senate resolution 82-149. Brounstein was inspired to submit the resolutions after reviewing acts of violence and hate crimes committed against Jewish students that have occurred in the last few years on college campuses. The Jewish senator speculates that this tension is a result of the conflict between Palestine and Israel, as well as from terrorist organizations associated with the region. “Although it is perfectly acceptable to disagree with the actions of a nation…, it is not acceptable to jump from to the condemnation of country to the condemnation to a race of people,” Brounstein said. The senate passed the resolution unanimously.”)
April 1, 2015: ASUN Resolution – A Resolution in Support of Semitic Tolerance (Description note, “Whereas, anti-Semitism is a growing trend on college campuses; Whereas, anti-Semitic actions are correlated with movements to boycott, divest, and sanction against Israel;…Be it resolved that, this resolution acts as a clarification of the stance that the University of Nevada, Reno students take on the issue of the sovereignty of the state of Israel and its neighbors:
1) The Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the right of Israel to exist as a nation.
2) The Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the right of Israel to defend itself against threats to its existence.
3) The Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno believes that Israel should exist in peace and equality with its neighbors.
4) The Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno condemns the violent actions of terrorist organizations.
5) The Associated Students of the University of Nevada, Reno actively boycotts religious persecution and discrimination at every level”)
Photo Album - Campus Antisemitism
BDS Instigators: Student & Faculty
- Emily Hobson